Nuffnang Code

Thursday 19 June 2014

Maleficent Nail Art



Today, I chanced upon another nail guru. It was love at first sight as I watched one of her tutorials as entry to the Ryan Seacrest poll on the best nail artist doing online tutorials. Her name is Janelle and she goes by the username elleandish on her YouTube channel and facebook accounts. She has all sort of other sites too, (twitter, instagram, pinterest, etc.) but I don't use those. I mostly use facebook and youtube. 

Anyway, I find her works amazing. They are cool and neat. Frankly, her works are simple compared to other nail art that I see on the internet. However, what makes her special are her tutorials. She's very creative in them and her instructions are precise and clear. As a result, I already tried one of them.

Here's it: Maleficent inspired nail design

So, with whatever available nailpolish at home, and my tools, I made my version of this design. I copied most of it, but modified a little.

Here are the photos:






As mentioned, I made some modifications, as I don't have all the resources available, and of course to add my personal touch to it, too.

And here's how the other hand (right) looks like. I can draw details on them too, if I want to, but the thing is I'm too lazy and too excited to post the left hand so I thought I won't bother details on the right.


Sorry if I didn't even cleanup the sides of my fingernails, I was just uber excited!

Oh, and here are the stuff I used:

for the right hand

for the left hand

As You can see, most of those I use are OMG nail polish. They are my favorite because they're inexpensive, pigmented and they don't smell bad. I also used a purple Sassy and a neutral iridescent Jocarste.

For the tools, I used dotters, a fine brush and a DIY striper.

No comments:

Post a Comment